- By Arya Admin
- Posted November 07, 2020
How to prepare for BTech Information Technology course?
BTech Information Technology course for bright future
BTech IT is a bachelor’s degree course in Information Technology with a duration of 4 years at the list of engineering colleges in India. But it can be extended up to 6 years. BTech Information Technology is the study of computer-based systems and deals with both software and hardware components of a computer system. To stand eligible for the BTech IT course, the graduates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. However, some of the important subjects which included in the BTech IT Syllabus are Operating System, Computer Organization, Computer Networks, and many more.
Admission to BTech Information Technology program will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance test. However, some of the Top Private Engineering Colleges also have a direct admission process. Also, most of the colleges offer Lateral Entry Admission to students and accept them directly in the 2nd year of the course.
Eligibility criteria for BTech IT
The aspirants of BTech IT need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria including the following:
- The aspirants need to complete their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2.
- They must clear the cut-off of the entrance test.
- Candidates seeking admission to this course through Lateral Entry will have to complete their 3 years diploma course from a recognized board.
The Admission Process of BTech IT
Most of the engineering colleges and universities follow Entrance Exams and Personal Interviews for final selection. However, Few of them admit students based on their performance in 10+2 and some of them offer lateral entry to the BTech IT course. The application forms for the entrance tests released mostly in the month of December/ January. After the declaration of the result of the entrance exam, the admission authority conducts counselling sessions where engineering graduates allotted colleges based on their rank in the entrance test.
Direct Admission in BTech IT
The step-by-step procedure to apply or get admission in BTech IT course direct admission is given below:
- Engineering aspirants have to fill the application form through an online process according to their eligibility.
- Cut-off list will be given on the official website of the college that you wish to apply.
- Students will be called for a Personal Interview Round where any subject associated questions will also be asked.
- Shortlisted candidates also offered admission to the course.
Entrance-Exam Based Admission
The step-by-step process for entrance-based admission are as follows.
- The application forms at top MTech colleges in Jaipur for CS for the entrance tests will have to be filled up online. Only the eligible candidates can fill the admission application form.
- The applicants have to sit for the entrance test. Their performance in the specific test will determine which college they get admitted to.
- The counselling round conducts after the declaration of the result of the entrance test. Here, the students will be allotted engineering colleges in India on the basis of their ranks.
- Once the counselling process is over, the aspirants can take admission to the allotted college and they will be ready to begin their classes at that specific institution.
What is the career after BTech IT?
A lot of job options presented to the Best BTech IT college students. They may seek jobs in various IT sectors of the country. So, these companies provide an excellent platform to them to nurture their skills. Also, they can apply for various government jobs available and can teach at schools and colleges.
Some of the popular job positions for BTech IT students are Software Developer, IT Coordinator, System Analyst, Testing Engineer, System Analyst, IT Technical Content Developer, etc. Some of the most important jobs offered in this course are as follows:
A Software Developer develops software for his/her clients. They are fully responsible for undertaking all the stages of software development.
Generally, a Testing Engineer tests the software before it is delivered to the client.
An IT Coordinator primarily works on PRPC-based applications
The responsibility of a System Analyst is to design and implement different computer systems.
An Applications Developer designs, develops, implements and maintains different applications.
IT Technical Content Developer
An IT Technical Content Developer of top btech colleges develops technical content for websites
With the massive growth in the IT industries over the last few years, IT professionals have a bright future. They have different ways to build their career in this field. So, BTech IT graduates may take up jobs in various IT sectors of the country. Some of the other fields which offer jobs to the Information Technology graduates are hospitals, banks, and government organizations.
The engineering graduates may open their own ventures. Numerous start-ups have bloomed over the past few years. Some of these start-ups have gained so much popularity that they have become the most popular. The BTech IT students may also choose for an academic career. They may either pursue an MTech IT or go for an MBA or Master of Computer Applications. Also, various course options are available to them like a post-graduate diploma. Some of the most popular job profiles for the Information Technology Engineers are Software Engineer, Application Developer, Web Developer, Network Engineer, etc.
Post a Comment