How to apply online admission for B Tech in Electrical Engineering
Admission for B Tech in Electrical Engineering
The branch of B Tech in Electrical Engineering deals with the study of the application of electronics, electricity, and electromagnetism. The trained electrical engineers design electrical equipment and circuits. Basically, they work on large power plants and small hardware companies. It includes designing, manufacturing and operating power plants, electrical motors, industrial machinery, computer chips and ignition systems for aircraft, automobiles, space crafts, and different kinds of engines.
B Tech in Electrical Engineering – spread across a range of specialties like acoustics, speech, signal processing to electromagnetic compatibility, automobiles to vehicular technology, laser and electro-optics, robotics, ultra-sonic, geosciences and remote sensing, ferroelectrics and frequency control.
A qualified electrical engineer has the option to choose their line of work from a range of areas like computers, electronic gadgets, radars, cell phones, navigation systems, power plants, etc. The average starting salary of fresh electrical engineering graduates is Rs 4 lakh or more.
Eligibility Criteria for B Tech Electrical Engineering
Candidates can pursue Electrical Engineering from a Top Engineering College at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There are some eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to pursue Electrical Engineering:
The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue Electrical Engineering from engineering college is to clear class 12 in PCM/PCMB subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized school or university or equivalent. Also, in order to pursue Electrical Engineering at the postgraduate level, the candidate must have a B Tech in electrical engineering degree.
Electrical engineering entrance exams
Admission to B Tech in Electrical Engineering programs in Top Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan is based on the entrance exam scores. Some of the engineering entrance exams include JEE Main, JEE Advanced, WBJEE, AUEET, SITEEE, VSAT, BITSAT, SRMJEEE, REAP, etc.
Electrical Engineering Courses
There are several engineering courses offered by the top engineering colleges in India. They are UG, PG, and doctorate levels like BE/B Tech, ME/M Tech, BSc, MSc or PhD.
Job profiles and Top companies for B Tech electrical engineering
Most of people relate Electrical Engineering with circuits and wires but it is much more than that. Electrical Engineers of Top B Tech Colleges required in the construction or power industry along with telecommunication, IT, navigation, railways, automobile, architecture, aerospace, defense, etc.
During the electrical engineering course, most of the companies offer industrial training. This is very useful for electrical engineering graduates as industrial training provides the practical knowledge of work and professional environment. Electrical engineers of best engineering colleges in India required in various fields. It ranges from maintaining power grids to supervising research and development of electronic devices and technology to designing circuits for computers.
Basic categories of electrical engineers
This engineering discipline basically required broadly in two fields, that is, Power and Telecommunication.
- Power Engineers – This type of engineer mainly involved in the generation and transmission of electricity. Their service is the most sorted in the automobile industry. As they are responsible for designing, manufacturing and maintaining engines and maintaining the flow of power from the engine attached to devices. Power Engineers carry specialized skills in microelectronics design and manufacture small power circuits. Which is used in computers and different other electronic devices. The average starting salary of Power Engineers is Rs 4 lakh or more.
- Telecommunication Engineers – Telecommunication engineers of B Tech College mainly work on designing and maintenance of cables. Their service sorted for the production of receivers and transceivers. The average starting salary of telecommunication engineer is Rs 4 lakh or more.
Role of electrical engineers in their work field
An electrical engineer of top engineering colleges in Rajasthan can perform the following roles including:
- In addition, the other types of electrical engineers are responsible for designing, manufacturing, and operating power plants, electrical motors, industrial machinery, and ignition systems for aircraft, automobiles, space crafts, and other types of engines.
- Research and design improved methods for using electrical power.
- Compute the cost of manufacture, installation, and construction of electrical equipment as per specifications
Some of the Electrical Engineering jobs include Control and Instrumentation Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, Design Engineer, Consultant, etc.
Eligibility for B Tech Electrical Engineering
A candidate must clear their 10+2 or equivalent with subjects including Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board or university in order to get the admission in B Tech electrical engineering. Electrical engineering aspirants are expected to clear entrance exams like IIT, AIEEE, AMU, UPSEE, BITSAT, etc.
Admission process for B Tech Electrical Engineering
In order to get admission to top electrical engineering colleges, first of all, a student should be 10+2 with subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics. After that, the student should be able to attempt an entrance exam or they can get direct admission also. After clearing the entrance exam, they should attend the counseling programs conducted by the Top B Tech Colleges. In this process, the eligible candidate will be selected. Additionally, if the student is getting direct offline admission then selection will be done on the basis of merit list or management quota.
There are some criteria to get admission through different modes, including:
- Direct Admission – Engineering colleges offer direct admission with certain criteria for B Tech electrical engineering admission. They either offer admission on the basis of merit by qualifying 10+2 or equivalent. However, some management seats reserved in top private engineering colleges. For management quota, the fee structure is generally higher when compared to others.
- Direct Admission for Diploma holders – There are various engineering colleges in India that offer direct admission to ITI diploma holders even in the second year of their course.
- Entrance Exams – In India, there are several B Tech entrance examinations for graduates at both the national and state level. Some private colleges conduct their separate entrance test.