Biometric technology creates societal impact- how?
Technologies in Professional industry
In the large modern world, technologies have become the mainstream for survival. Everything is running fast than usual. Biometric technology has become a huge part in everyone’s life especially the professional areas, as it is no longer the realm of fiction.
Anything that affects a large population eventually affects society. The same criteria work for the technologies as well. The society and the technology share an inseparable relationship of cyclical co-dependence, co-influence, and co-production. The introduction of new technologies requires the recognition of both people and society. Students must have a clear understanding of these technologies from the learning given by Arya College.
Core places for biometrics
In recent years, biometric technology has challenged the traditional methods of personal identification. Biometrics support personally identifiable biological patterns of human being in order to identify them uniquely. There are different forms of recognition that are used in law enforcement and forensics for more hundred years. In the past, the fingerprints and biological patterns only limited to anti-social elements and criminals. On the other hand, people are getting aware of the strengths and risk associated with the technology.
A large number of biological characteristics like finger and palm vein patterns, voice recognition, fingerprints, and iris are useful in the evolution of biometric identification capabilities are becoming standard on many devices we use each day. Despite this, the technology is treated differently in different societies.
1. The biometric technology has replaced traditional identity practices.
2. Biometric technology helps the users to admit their accuracy and efficiency by providing them the confidence of finding their identity through unique patterns.
3. It saves time by skipping lines and makes people happy. Biometric technology is popular in countries with a large population density. It avoids the queues due to identification formalities.
4. Beneficial for the physically challenged portion of society due to its large impact.
5. It creates jobs in the form of production, testing, implementation, and maintenance of biometric hardware and engages a large number of people.
1. Due to the emergence of various conspiracy theories, privacy has become the biggest concern. Most of the people do not like to be watched or tracked.
2. Out of your social media, face biometrics creates a biometric profile that can be used in mass surveillance applications and crowd identification.
3. The biometric data security creates a negative impact on society. With time, there is a significant increase in the data which increases the security factors. It mainly holds back social acceptance of the technology.
4. The usage expects identification or authentication to be at least biometric-fast or better.
5. Some people face impaired diseases and working conditions and furthermore creates a negative impact on society.
The biometric technologies have taken over authentication and identification applications as it faces resistance in both personal and social acceptance. Despite the negative impacts of technology, it cannot be separate from society. Technology empowers society and the technology adopted by society empowers technology in return. Therefore, it has proved to be an adaptable and useful security measure with quick identification methods.