Augmented Reality (AR)
Do you want to experience the virtual world in the real world environment? Of course yes! because everyone wants that. As we are living in the 21st century, here every fascination can be turned into reality. And to turn the fascination of the virtual world into reality, Augmented Reality introduced. So, we at Arya College Of Engineering and IT have discussed it.
Augmented Reality (AR) is a communal experience of a real-world environment in which the objects from the real world are “augmented” by some visceral information generated by a computer.
In general terms, Augmented Reality is an extension of the virtual reality and mixed reality. So in augmented reality, the live augmentation of the subject used along with the virtual world.
How Does Work?
In this technology, a live camera augments the real-time image of the subject and reflects into the virtual world to enhance the experience. This technology works in 3 different ways:
- SLAM: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) captures the virtual images of the real world objects. It localizes the sensors and maps the structure simultaneously. Basically, SLAM is a set of algorithms which solves the problems of localization and mapping simultaneously.
- Recognition based: This is based on recognition identifies the objects with the help of a camera or virtual markers such as a QR/2D code.
- Location Based: Location-based AR depends on the GPS system or velocity meter to allocate data about the activation location and the augmented reality visualizations based on the inputs.
Uses of Augmented Reality
- Virtual Surgeries
- Simulation of Robots, Nuclear Plants, Exoskeleton etc.
- Mobile phones
- PCs and TVs
- Smart Glasses like HMD and AR helmets.
Future of the Augmented Reality
The Augmented Reality has a great potential to harness its power in all province of technology. Socioeconomic affairs and low cost augmented experiences can also be implemented by using Google Cardboard, Oculus system, and many more customized technologies.