An Overview of Rajasthan B Tech Admissions 2020-21
B Tech Admissions 2020-21 in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is highly responsible for conducting the Centralized Admission Process for B Tech Colleges. Rajasthan Technical University or RTU is the authority to supervise the entire B Tech admissions process for the state of Rajasthan. In India, it is one of the popular states with a large number of Top Engineering Colleges. With the advent of time, these colleges have shown excellent performances in terms of placements and overall academics.
The centralized admission process mainly offers the flexibility to the students so that they can get B Tech admission in colleges as per their preference subject to merit. The online counseling process for B Tech admission 2020-21 begins from the month of June. Also, the aspirants can check all the details related to their admissions like admission dates, B Tech eligibility criteria in Rajasthan, admission process, and selection procedure. The REAP application process will start in May or June 2020.
A brief description of B Tech Admissions 2020
B Tech admissions in Rajasthan also known as Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP). REAP for the session 2020-21 will begin in June 2020. Students must always remember that there is no state-level engineering entrance exam for B Tech admissions. The admission authority basically conducts three rounds of REAP. They followed by a special admission drive. However, many universities and Private Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan consider management or merit quota to free fill the limited number of seats as per the directions of the admission committee.
Entrance exams by Rajasthan Engineering Colleges
The Top Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan accept JEE Main (Paper I) score for admissions of interesting students. Any student with a valid JEE Main score can easily apply for REAP. Additionally, class 12 merit can help you to take the admission even without JEE Main score. However, the first preference is given to applicants with a valid JEE Main score. Therefore, it is highly recommended to appear JEE Main score in order to secure admissions as per preference subject to merit.
Important dates for 2020 session
The engineering admission process in Rajasthan begins with the REAP application process. Usually, the B Tech admissions started after the announcement of Class 12 results. Students must prepare themselves with all relevant documents by the last week of May. Before the commencement of REAP, private engineering colleges conduct institution-level counseling in order to fill 50% of engineering seats. You can submit the online applications till 30th June 2002. The merit list for 1st round of REAP expected to be available on 5th July 2020 and the final merit list for the same round is expected on 7th July 2020.
This online admission process conducts in three rounds, and the dates will be announced accordingly. The counseling process will remain online until the seat allotment. Therefore, students must keep a track of important events and dates of the online counseling process at a top engineering college in Rajasthan.
Eligibility Criteria for B Tech Admissions
Students must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to get admission in Best B Tech College in Rajasthan.
- The applicants must have passed Class 12 with at least 45% of marks (40% for reserved categories).
- The applicants must qualify class 12 in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Technical Vocational Subject.
- Candidates born on or after October 01, 1994, are eligible for REAP.
- Only the date of Birth specified in the Class 10 certificate or mark sheet will be considered.
- A bonafide resident of Rajasthan is eligible and these students are also eligible for communal reservation/ concession seat/ seat under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme.
- Children of employees working under the Government of Rajasthan.
- Children of employees of government universities or Board of Secondary Education.
- Employees working in engineering colleges across the state for a continuous period of three years.
Reservation Policy 2020
Through REAP 100% seats in government colleges and 50% seats in private engineering colleges are filled. The admission authority distributes the seats to eligible candidates based on their category and merit. So, the seats for the different categories distributed are as follows:
- SC – 16% of seats allotted
- ST – 12% of seats given
- OBC-NCL – 21% of seats reserved
- MBC-NCL – 1% of seats allotted
- PWD – 5% of seats reserved
Selection Procedure in B Tech admission
Rajasthan B Tech admission process is completely online. In other words, there is no manual or physical procedure involved. It is strictly based on merit. So, there are several stages to involve in the admission process are –
- Merit List 1 – After the conclusion of the application process, the admission authority will release REAP Merit List 1. The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in JEE Main. The merit list comprises the name of the candidates, JEE Main Roll Number, JEE Main score, and merit rank or number.
- Merit List 2 – Applicants applied for REAP with Class 12 percentile without JEE Main will feature in the REAP Merit List 2. The merit list will have the name of the candidate, merit number, and Class 12 percentage.
- Combined Merit List – Apart from Merit List 1 & 2, the admission authority will release a combined merit list of the students as per their scores of JEE Main, Class 12 merit along with the caste and category. The merit list will allow the students to have an idea of their position in the merit.
In Rajasthan, the admission process is completely based on the combined merit list. So, Candidates featured in the combined merit list can secure admission in private or government engineering colleges all over the state. The important aspect of the entire process is the choice filled by the candidates in the option entry form. Based on the merit, the online software selects the candidates automatically.