- By Arya Admin
- Posted April 08, 2021
What are the right Eligibility Criteria for admission 2021 in BTech course?
Eligibility Criteria for admission 2021 in BTech course
An individual who is aspiring to pursue BTech from one of the top engineering colleges in India must have an awareness of BTech admission process, list of popular or good BTech Colleges in India, engineering entrance exams, dates of entrance exams and others. Every engineering college does not follow a similar admission process for the admission 2021 to BTech courses. Several engineering colleges have different components to determine the eligibility of candidates for BTech admission 2021. On the other hand, the BTech course includes different specialisations like Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering etc. Students are free to opt any specialisation that suits their aim/ aspiration.
In order to know about the BTech admission process this year, an individual should be aware of the BTech application process, BTech eligibility criteria, BTech admission requirements, and BTech entrance exams. There are multiple engineering entrance exams conducted in India at national and state level. It is completely dependent on the students to choose the national or state-level engineering test depending on their requirements.
Most of the students are still confused about the terms BE (Bachelor of Engineering) and BTech (Bachelor of Technology). Some colleges may offer BE while some colleges offer BTech as their degree course.
BTech Admission Process
BTech Admission process for the academic session 2021-22 will begin in the month May/ June. Almost, all the states starts the entrance exam process for UG B.Tech admission in March/ April. BTech admission process in IITs, NITs, and IIITs is different from UG engineering admission process in private engineering colleges. Similarly, the BTech admissions in one state vary from another. Some of the important points with regard to BTech admission process are as follows:
Acceptability of Engineering Entrance Exam Score
Between various engineering colleges across the nation, the major difference one can find in terms of engineering admission process is the acceptability of entrance test score. Not all the Engineering Colleges in India accept the score of a single engineering entrance exam for BTech admissions 2021. The acceptability of entrance test score varies from each college and state. JEE Main is the widely acceptable entrance test, and most of the engineering colleges in India accept JEE Mains score for B.Tech admissions. Apart from JEE Main, state-level engineering entrance exams are also popular among today’s students. However, state-level engineering entrance exams are confined to a particular state.
Multiple Engineering Entrance Exams and Score Acceptability
In some states, both national-level and state-level engineering entrance test is acceptable to take admissions in engineering college Jaipur.
Direct Admission without Entrance
In most private engineering colleges in Jaipur or across the nation, there is a chance for getting direct admission without an entrance test score. Such admissions will be treated as management quota admissions, and the BTech fees collected for management quota admissions is very much higher that entrance-based admissions.
Centralised Admission Process without Entrance
In some states, there is no entrance exam for BTech courses, and the admission is purely based on Class 12 merit. In such states, the centralized admission process is conducted for UG engineering admissions.
How to apply for an engineering course?
Before applying for BTech admission at top BTech colleges in Jaipur, it is necessary to have a valid entrance exam score (national or state). Therefore, students need to apply for the relevant engineering entrance exam as per their aspirants and requirements. Some of the examples related to BTech application process are given below.
- After qualifying the engineering entrance exam, respective institutes or states conduct centralized admission process for BTech courses. Students must register for the centralized admission process to secure admission. For instance, if a student qualifies JEE Main, and wants to secure admission in NIT, he/ she must take part in the centralized admission process conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). Here, students need to submit a separate application form for each NIT college. After the announcement of JEE Main results, they can directly visit the official website of JoSAA and submit the application form.
- If students are willing to join in a deemed university, they will have to submit an application form through the official website of the respective deemed university. The admission process will be conducted by the varsity separately.
- If a student wants to take direct admission in the best engineering college in Jaipur without an entrance test score, he/ she can submit separate application form through the official website of the college or visit the college directly to obtain the application fee.
Students need to pay a registration or application fee for BTech admission process. The respective authority will decide the registration fee accordingly.
BTech Eligibility Criteria
The BTech eligibility criteria is the same across the nation, and the basic qualification required to join BTech course in India includes the following:
- For pursuing BTech course, Any three of the mentioned subjects - Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, Biology, Informatics Practices, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Engineering Graphics, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, and Technical Vocational Subject. Students who have studied only these subjects in Class 12 are treated eligible for BTech admission 2021.
- In addition, students must score at least 50% of marks in Class 12 to be eligible for BTech admission in top engineering colleges across the nation. However, students belonging to reserved categories like SC/ ST will have the relaxation of up to 5% in the minimum qualifying marks.
- The Lateral Entry BTech Admission Process and Eligibility Criteria is completely different from four-year BTech eligibility criteria.
Post a Comment