- By Arya Admin
- Posted February 01, 2019
Traditional VS Modern Teaching Methods
Firstly, learning and understanding are the foremost factors to excel in studies and build your career. Subsequently, the understanding and learning at the college varied according to the teaching methods at the colleges. Moreover, as we look towards the teaching methods, it has also evolved significantly over the years. In the league, Arya College
is one of the best engineering colleges
that are efficient in balancing the traditional and modern teaching methods.
The traditional teaching method is all about memorization and recitation while the modern teaching technique involves interactive methods. Therefore, a good percentage is dependent on the understanding of the subject as well as techniques of teaching. It is a fact that some students may learn better by listening to a lecture, whereas some many may not learn or understand.
Major Advantages and Disadvantages
Traditional Teaching Methods-
Considering the traditional methods, teaching by lectures is the most effective way of teaching. As per some students, it is the most constructive tool, as the teacher transfer the knowledge in a well-organized way, which helps the students to lessen their burden. Although, it is the most effective tool it also has some pros and cons.
In the traditional teaching method, the students were appreciated and rewarded for their learning and efforts. The teacher who follows the traditional method believes in using their time efficiently. There were several rules, which were exercised to manage the student behavior.
- Best teaching techniques for the listeners
- Fulfill the particular needs of the students
- Dissemination of the information to the large audience
Modern Teaching Methods-
- Acceptable only for effective communicators
- Presenting the slides during lectures is not impactful
- Lack of feedback
- Misunderstanding by the teachers about the learning ability of all the students
Modern techniques believes in developing individuals rather than considering all the students at the same level. There are many different methods of modern teaching techniques, which are much more effective than that of traditional techniques. Some of them are:
- Most constructive method for actively participating students
- Long-term learning possession
- Effective for the students who excel in a team
- Develop interpersonal communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Pre-preparation of the subject is needed
- Unpreparedness may create an obstacle to learning
- Most effective in a small group only
- Best for the academically excelling students only
- Create an imbalance in learning in the students
It is observed that nowadays, the traditional method of chalk and talk has inferior results as compared to that of new modern teaching techniques. Certainly, the new revolutionary method encourages interaction that will help to develop good communication skills.
So, according to the evaluation, we can see that Modern technique teaching is more feasible for the students. As a result, the modern method makes the students more productive as it requires the active participation and collaboration. While the traditional method has more belief in recitation and memorization hence, it fails in developing the decision making and problem-solving skills in the students.
Overall, it is known that it is all about balance. In other words, the teachers and the institutions should understand the right blending of the traditional and modern teaching techniques. It is their duty to use the traditional method and innovative approaches at their best phases.
Post a Comment