What are the engineer functions and responsibilities?
Major functioning of engineers
Engineering is the professional art of applying science to the optimum conversion of the resources of nature to benefit man. Engineering is a great body of special knowledge; preparation for professional practice involves extensive training in the application of that knowledge. However, it is an art requiring the judgment necessary to adapt knowledge to practical purposes and the cost of new devices or processes.
The function of the scientist is to know, while that of the engineer is to do. The scientist of Top Engineering Colleges adds to the store of verified, systematized knowledge of the physical world; the engineer brings this knowledge to bear on practical problems.
The role of determining engineering problems
Unlike scientists, the engineers of Best Engineering Colleges are not free to select the problem that interests him. However, they must solve problems as they arise and his solution must satisfy conflicting requirements. Usually, the efficiency costs money; safety adds to complexity; improved performance increases weight.
The engineering solution is the optimum solution, the end result that, taking many factors into account, is most desirable. However, it may be the cheapest for a specified level of performance, the most reliable within a given weight limit, the simplest that will satisfy certain safety requirements, or the most efficient for a given cost. In many engineering problems, the social costs are significant.
What are some engineering functions?
The branches indicate what the engineer works with; the functions describe what he does. In order of decreasing emphasis on science, the major functions of all engineering branches are the following:
- Research - The research engineer of B Tech College in Jaipur seeks new principles and processes by employing mathematical and scientific concepts, experimental techniques, and inductive reasoning.
- Development - The development engineer applies the results of research to useful purposes. Ingenious and creative application of new knowledge may result in a working model of a new electronic circuit. However, it is a chemical process, an industrial machine, or a gadget of optronics.
- Design - In designing a structure or a product, the engineer of Engineering Colleges in Jaipur selects methods, specifies materials, and determines shapes to satisfy technical requirements and to meet performance specification.
- Construction - The construction engineer is responsible for preparing the site, determining procedures that will economically and safely yield the desired quality. Also, it includes directing the placement of materials and organizing the personnel and equipment.
- Production - Plant layout and equipment selection, with consideration of human and economic factors, is the responsibility of the production engineer. However, he chooses processes and tools, integrates the flow of materials and components, and provides for testing and inspection.
- Operation - The operating engineer of Top Private Engineering Colleges controls machines, plants, and organizations provide power, transportation, and communication. However, he determines procedures and supervises personnel to obtain reliable and economic operation of complex equipment.
- Management and other functions - In some countries and industries, engineers analyze customer requirements, recommend units to satisfy needs economically, and resolve related problems. In addition, some industries decide how assets are to be used.
Post a Comment