- By Arya Admin
- Posted January 29, 2019
Parental Involvement in the Success of Student
Parents involvement in the success of student
The involvement of the parents in the student’s education increases the success rate of the student. The mother and father presence in the student’s education will provide them with moral support. Therefore, today I am going to write about the role of parents in the student’s success. Arya College Jaipur
is one of the best colleges for the engineering and management courses
Responsibilities of Parents in Education
The involvement of the parents in the student’s education is overwhelmingly supported by many reports and studies. Some of the major responsibilities of the parents in the education are:
• The parents’ involvement increases the academic achievements of the students. The more the parents involved in the students’ education, the more significant effect they will see in the students’ achievement.
• The parental involvement influences the attitude and behavior of the students. The engagement and motivation of the parents in the children education can influence the self- esteem and classroom conduct of the children.
• The students can improve their reading skills if the parents read with them at home. In short, the reading ability of a student can significantly improve if the parents read with them aloud.
• The parents seek opportunities from school for the engagement of them in their students’ education. The schools should actively offer training programs to teach the parents about parental involvement.
Communication between parents and teacher
• The proper communication between parents and teacher should be effective. The parental involvement appreciates the teachers for the challenges they have to face in the classroom. It will also uphold the morale of the teachers. The teachers get to know their students better and it declines the misperceptions existing between teachers and students.
• The parents get the satisfaction of contributing to their children’s education. Firstly, the parents will start knowing about the activities and, the curriculum of their students. The engagement of parents will increase; hence, they will spend more time with their children. In some cases, parental involvement can lead to inspiring themselves for their further education.
The parents and teachers should make free time for the children. Consequently, the lack of time results in the less parental support to their children. The parents should more actively participate in the education of the students.
Tips for Parents to involve in a Students education
I am listing some of the points for the parents to be actively involved with their students. Adopting even a single thing from the list can make a big change in the progress of your children. The tips are:
• Communicate with the children about their books, extracurricular activities, and school on a daily basis
• Indulge yourself in your child’s homework
• Manage and monitor your child’s time
• Teach your child from the material provided by the school teacher
• An active presence in the school activities of your child
• Participate in the classroom or field trips and events
• Keep engaged throughout, from preschool to high school
• Attend parent-teacher meetings
• Meet the needs of your child
• Proper communication with the teachers about child performance
• Motivate your child on poor performances
• Involve the grandparents in children education, as they have more time.
A conclusion of the blog
So, parental involvement is very advantageous in the success of a student. Certainly, the involvement will help him/her to achieve more with your motivation and support. Besides, it will also improve the teacher’s morale. Above all, it will give you the satisfaction of making a difference in the child’s education by your contribution.
For instance, Arya College of Engineering respects and supports the parents’ involvement in the college activities for the bright future of their children.
Post a Comment