How to get direct admission in BTech College?
Tips to Get Admission in BTech College
In general, direct BTech admission is a process where candidates need not require any kind of entrance exam. Also, they do not require participating in the centralized counseling process. Private engineering colleges in India conduct their own entrance exam for BTech admission. Candidates aspiring to join BTech may or may not apply for the entrance exam, as direct admission can be possible without these requirements.
Which is better?
When it comes to choosing between the BTech entrance exam and direct admission. It completely depends on the requirement of an individual. If they are not sure of securing admission in Top BTech College and branch with entrance exam rank or score, they must go for direct admission in such a case.
However, direct admission in engineering is possible only in private colleges, as government colleges do not allow this accessibility. This is because these colleges are based on the rules and regulations fixed by the state government. In order to get admission in government-owned colleges, students have to appear for the entrance exam. Also, participate in the counseling process. The seats are allocated on the basis of merit or the performance of candidates in the entrance exam or class 12th marks.
Why should you choose the Direct Admission process?
There are many significant factors that make parents prefer direct admission in BTech for their children. Some of the common factors include –
- Aim to get admission to Top Private Colleges – The aim to get admission to Top Private Engineering Colleges is the primary reason for direct admission preference. For instance, if a student clears the state-level entrance exam, he may or may not get admission in top private college due to the higher cutoffs or closing ranks. In such cases, most of the students compete for direct admission in top private colleges.
- Flexible college choice or preference – Through the direct admission process, students will have the flexibility to choose any college as per their requirements. They can list certain top btech colleges and choose the best among them. If these students take the entrance exam and participate in the centralized counseling process, he/ she will have to fill the choices. But in this case, there is no guarantee that he/ she may get admission to a college that has been chosen as first preference. Then, students will have to compromise with the second or third option.
- Flexibility to choose relevant branch – In direct admission, BTech students will have the flexibility to choose the relevant branch as per their career aspirants. Many students who appear for the entrance exam and participate in the counseling process may or may not get admission in the branch he/ she preferred as the first option. Therefore, it is advisable to go for direct admission.
- Location Preference – This process allows students to have the flexibility to choose the private engineering college that is closer to their home or region. They can choose the college located in the city so that traveling becomes easy. Also, they can choose for transport facility offered by the respective college or university. However, if an individual is choosing a college within their city, they can choose public transport to minimize traveling costs.
Application Form for BTech Admission
If BTech students are looking for direct admission in Top Engineering Colleges in India, they can fill the Common Application Form on the college website. Through this, an individual can apply for multiple private engineering colleges. The counselors will get back to them and guide them through the admission process.
Documents required for BTech admission
There is the list of documents required for direct admission in BTech
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
Application Form for BTech Admission
Candidates who aspire for direct admission in BTech will have to visit the respective college directly. The candidates need to obtain the application form by paying the prescribed application fee. Along with the application form, they have to submit the documents that required to get admission. Some top engineering colleges also accept online application form through their official website for direct BTech admission.
Direct admission in engineering colleges is based on class 12th board marks. Students can take BTech direct admission if they have 45-50% marks in the 12th science subjects. Most of the candidates score good marks in the 10th & 12th board exams. But they fail to do well in the national level entrance tests like JEE Mains or Advanced. Also, they are not able to secure good marks in various state-level entrance tests like KCET, MAH-CET, WEBJEE, UPSEE, TANCET, etc.
The cost of a BTech program becomes very much cheaper when students of engineering colleges get a seat through national and state level entrance exams. But due to high competition among engineering aspirants, getting a seat through popular entrance exams is quite difficult. Every year, a large number of aspirants apply for entrance test for admission in government-aided colleges and top private colleges in India.
Private engineering colleges also offer BTech programs with an easy admission process. But, there are only a few colleges or universities with high-quality standards. Most of them offer direct admission to various courses. B.E or BTech Direct Admission can be done mostly in private colleges or universities. They have seats reserved for students who are looking for admission in B.E or BTech without entrance exams. In this, the number of seats is limited to 25-30% of the total intake.