- By Admin
Career & Self-Help,
- Posted June 12, 2023
Exploring Alternative Career Options after Completing B.Tech: Beyond GATE, CAT, and GRE
B.Tech engineer has many opportunities in the world to start a career. These opportunities are when you are an undergraduate or after completion, so opportunities are not limited to the below list.
Students can choose their interesting path. After your undergraduate, you may choose a job or higher education as there are many job opportunities and higher education programs, but you must look into interesting ones.
Career With GATE, CAT, AND GRE:
Lack of clarity arises due to lack of clear information also Job prospects for B.Tech graduates with clear information any human being with their reason can arrive at a nice conclusion.
GATE: Opportunities after GATE exams are depends upon the college i.e. if it is private or government In the case of government the total 2-year expense will be anywhere around 50k-80k (excluding hostel).
CAT: Anyone can get Education Loan for the same and The tuition fees will be anywhere from 12 lakhs to 20 lakhs.
GRE: GRE options for B.Tech Graduates or Graduate Record Exam is an exam used for admission to Masters or PG courses around the world and Living Cost is higher there than in India also cost from 35,000$ to 45,000$ a year depending upon the universities.
GATE: After GATE varies with departments, colleges, and personal choices, also the opportunities must be divided among core engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil) and CS, and IT engineers.
CAT: The salary of CAT offered to MBAs vary with the institutes they do their MBA from also Doing MBA from premier institutes like IIM can give you a package that will be between 20 lakhs to 40 lakhs a year.
GRE: A salary MBA at a foreign university can fetch you anywhere between 50k$-70k$ per annum depending upon the university.
GATE: Indian government offers a stipend of 12,400 rupees per month if one chooses a Teaching Assistantship during M. Tech and The Stipend are 15,000 and 28,000 for Research assistantship and integrated Ph.D. students.
CAT: There is no stipend generally at MBA colleges, some colleges have that.
GRE: One can avail of stipends at foreign universities by going for Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships during their MS, also there is no reported stipend opportunity for MBA students.
Alternative Career Paths B.Tech Graduates:-
1. Entrepreneurship and Startups:- Startups in India are becoming a huge success. B.Tech graduate, if you have those creative ideas to start a business of your own, then entrepreneurship is a great career choice.
However, starting your own business is not an easy task and There are multiple negative sides to entrepreneurship as well. But if you are well aware of all such difficulties and ready to face them, you must go for it.
2. Technical Content Writing and Documentation:- They are experts who create product manuals, how-to guides, online help sections, journal articles, and other literature that simplifies and clarifies technical information.
These writers frequently have a background in their subject matter, whether it be in science, medicine, engineering, software, manufacturing, or another technical sector, whether learned academically or on the job.
Technical writing courses deal with writing about anything related to technology such as presenting technical information to end-users in a simple manner Technical Writing Courses are available in Certifications and Diplomas also PG Diploma in Technical Writing in Business Management and the Scientific and Technical Writing Programme are two of the best courses.
A Technical Writer in India Earns an average of INR 5,01,000 per annum as a base salary, So Skills such as communication, writing, data visualization, presentation, etc are crucial to a technical writer also To Become a Content Writer, candidates must pursue English writing courses.
3. Project Management:- This is one of the best career paths to take after completing a B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering and The project manager's role is to coordinate the efforts of a programming team.
The project manager detects technical problems for the company or a client, which necessitates analytical skills as well as problem-solving abilities also A project manager is expected to be well-versed in technology and computer systems.
4. Technical Sales and Marketing:- Do not underestimate the popularity of a Marketing/Sales job, So If you love traveling or interacting with others and if you are creative there is a huge opportunity waiting for you out there. You can also work in your niche segment as a techno-marketing person and later pursue an additional degree or MBA to have an edge also If you have the desire in you to excel in customer service, there are plenty of job openings with small, medium, and large organizations that are struggling to find good people in this field. You can choose a non-voice or voice process depending on your interest.
5. Research and Development:- After B.Tech in Engineering Physics, you can get involved in research and development activities and You can even get hired by different industries like telecom, microelectronics, lasers, microdevices, etc.
Industrial Engineer: Your job will be to develop the core of production and manufacturing in the organization you will work in.
Research Scientist: Taking up a job as a research scientist, will involve you to work in an educational institute where experiments will be carried on for further research, in the field of new technologies.
Physicist: Your job will be to analyze the workings of various processes in the organization and present that data in terms that are easily understandable.
Financial Analyst: Since the physics major is about statistics and mathematical analysis, as an engineering physics graduate, you can work as a financial analyst.
6. Civil Services:- Civil service is another excellent employment option for engineering courses who have completed their B.Tech This domain is for individuals who are deeply patriotic and wish to dedicate their lives to serving the country and improving its system also you must pass the civil service test and pursue your interest to become a public servant.
Many Professions in civil service are:-
- All India Services: IPS and IAS
- Group A services: -AFHCS and PCS
- Central (Group A) services, such as IRPFS, IPS, IFS, and IRS-ITs
Eligibility: The candidate must be 21 years old.
7. Join Indian armed forces:- Engineering is needed in the Indian Armed Forces as well for technical support to the armed troops on the ground with various technical/mechanical issues.
The Indian Armed Forces readily employ on-ground engineers in the following three branches:
- The Corps of Engineers
- The Corps of Signals
- Electronics & Mechanical Engineers
Eligibility for B.Tech graduates is different from that of other jobs because of on-ground duty and the engineers must be physically fit as well to be able to survive in danger-prone military areas.
Making any choices in Career options after B.Tech there are so many exciting fields or stuff that really make you happy and then go for it a person advising in the engineering field might recommend that also you can dive into the same area and get a Master’s or Ph.D. and Engineering degrees are versatile, as you can easily transition to new careers.
Engineer and understand engineering principles then consider what aspects of your work as well as an engineer you enjoy and look for an occupation that suits you better Knowing what you want from your job is the first step in picking the right path.
Post a Comment