Mechanical engineering is a creative discipline that grows upon a number of basics and optimizes the devices, machines, processes and systems that involve mechanical forces, work and energy. It is one of the most diverse fields of engineering influencing almost all aspects of our life. The entire programme is spanning over 8 semesters consisting of course work, practical, field training and project work. With a dedicated team consisting of highly qualified and experienced faculty members in all streams of Mechanical Engineering, the department aims at providing education and research of world-class level. The department is broadly divided into three academic groups: Design Engineering, Production & Industrial Engineering and Thermal Engineering. The Department is supported by qualified technical personnel and office staff for smooth functioning of different laboratories and office.
To evolve into a centre of excellence by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to groom self motivated, creative and goal oriented mechanical engineers who serves for the society
- To impart quality education of the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive.
- Maintaining state of the art facilities to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop students with knowledge, attitude and skill of employability, entrepreneurship and educate about professional and ethical responsibilities.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduate will establish himself/herself as effective professionals by solving real world problems using technical and analytical skills along with the knowledge acquired in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate his/her competency for interdisciplinary Knowledge in the social technological area like environment & sustainability by inculcating profession, ethical value, teamwork, leadership, communication & managerial skill.
- Graduates will prove his/her abilities in acquiring advantageous employment or inculcate lifelong learning in Mechanical Engineering or related programs.
B Tech Course Eligibility
A. The minimum academic qualification for admission to B Tech/B E program in Rajasthan is a pass with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to “SC/ST/Non creamy layer OBC/ Non creamy layer SBC” of Rajasthan state) in the subjects combination as given below taken together, in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan / Central Board of secondary Education (CBSE).
B. Subject combination required in the qualifying examination for admission to B Tech/B E courses shall be as under:
Course Compulsory Subjects Any one of the Optional Subjects
B Tech/ B.E. Physics & Mathematics
- Computer Science