- By admin
Career & Self-Help,
- Posted June 05, 2023
MBA: Course, Syllabus, Subjects, Fees, Salary & Scope
What is an MBA
The MBA (Master of Business Administration) course is an academic program oriented towards management and marketing and It includes subjects such as Organisational Behaviour, Marketing, Principles of Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, etc There are so many Top recruiters for MBA.
The roles generally given to a person for MBA graduates are of middle management levels such as Finance Manager, Product Manager, Strategy Manager, HR Manager, etc On completing the MBA degree, students can get jobs with salary y range between INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh per annul.
MBA Course Highlights
Master of Business Administration has recently established a paradigm for career advancement for well-focused employment. Some Highlights: -
Master of Business Administration
Post-Graduation Degree Course
50% score in Graduation in any stream
Entrance Exam followed by GD & PI
Average Salary After Degree
Rs 4,00,000 to Rs 32,00,000 annually
Recruiting Companies After Degree
Apple, Amazon, Bain, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, etc.
Why Choose MBA
To fast track your career. People need to be equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities to contribute to the organization in more than one way.
Some Advantages are: -
- Better Career Opportunities
- Higher Salary
- Developing Industry Network
- Develop Management Skills
- Develop Leadership Qualities
- Global Exposure to Business and Economy
- Entrepreneurial Skill Development
List of Popular MBA Specializations
Various start-ups and new businesses in the country are flourishing due to government support Many people are looking to start their businesses or become entrepreneurs. This has created a need for strong business management professionals to help them in taking the right decisions and take their businesses to the next level.
An MBA course gives you an edge in the market also The MBA subjects are designed to impart excellent managerial skills, so this involves creative, critical, analytical, and flexible thinking patterns. Some Specializations: -
- Human Resources
- Operations Management
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Healthcare Management
- Digital Marketing
- Banking and Finance
- Hotel Management
- Hospital Administration
- Supply Chain Management
Types of MBA Courses
Some highlights are there: -
- Full-Time MBA: Full-Time is the regular MBA program of two years duration also It is a residential physical class, live projects, semester-wise assessment, summer internship, and final placements.
- Part-Time MBA: Part-Time MBA course is not a residential program and is st suited for working professionals who wish to learn key managerial skills In Part-Time MBA programs there are many placement or internship opportunities.
- Distance MBA: In Distance MBA the candidate pursues the program via btr44cxṭṣ-5remote communication and correspondence, So the course is designed for people having limited time and resources as it is cheap and flexible. There is flexibility in completing the course in two to five years.
- Online MBA: This is currently the most popular mode of MBA program owing to convenience and flexibility, As well as In Online MBA, lectures are imparted through video conferencing, and the notes, tests, and assessments are shared in Learning Management System (LMS). There are no physical classes for Online MBA.
- Executive MBA: This program is signed for working professionals with more than five years of work experience the curriculum is similar to Full-Time MBA but it is of a shorter duration (15 to 19 months).
- 5 year-Integrated MBA: This is a five-year dual degree course that includes UG and PG degrees, along with an MBA degree that can be pursued after class 12. So, candidates who choose management as their choice of career early on can opt for Integrated MBA which is a BBA+MBA or BTech + MBA program.
MBA Eligibility Criteria
- It offers proficiency in any selected specialized domain and typically offers a 2-year study period.
- After completing graduation, candidates who meet the following eligibility and test score may enroll in an MBA program: -
- Graduation Degree with a minimum score of 50% and students in their last year of graduation may also apply.
- Scorecard from the National Level Qualifying Test.
Top MBA Entrance Exams
- Students get selected based on how well they do in the aspects indicated below:
- Admission Entrance Examination like MAH-CET, CAT, XAT, MAT, or ATMA with a qualifying score is accepted;
- Employment experience and performance history with academic scores.
- Group discussion and personal interview performance.
- In the final phase of evaluation if you get selected then you will be contacted to complete your admission documentation.
How to Get Admission for MBA Courses?
Here is a general overview of the MBA admission process in India:
- Application Form: Candidates must first fill out the application form for the MBA program they wish to apply for also this may be done online or in person, depending on the institution.
- Entrance Exam: Some exams such as CAT (Common Admission Test), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), or CMAT (Common Management Admission Test).
- Shortlisting: Based on the entrance exam scores, candidates are shortlisted for the next round of the admission process and Some institutions may also consider candidates' academic performance, work experience, and other factors during the shortlisting process.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI): Shortlisted candidates are then invited for a group discussion and personal interview, So this round evaluates candidates' communication skills and analytical abilities.
- Final Selection: Overall performance with GD, and PI, candidates are finally selected for admission to the MBA program.
State-Wise MBA Admissions: -Some details of the state-wise MBA admission process in India:
- MBA Admissions in Delhi
- The MBA colleges in Delhi accept the entrance exams conducted at the national level such as CAT, MAT, CMAT, etc, So some colleges in the Delhi NCR area such as Jamia Milia Islamia and the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conduct their entrance exams for the admission process.
- MBA Admissions in Maharashtra
- Popular destinations for Master of Business Administration in Maharashtra are Mumbai and Pune also Mumbai is known as the economic hub of the country also there is cut-throat competition for MBA admissions in Maharashtra. Colleges in Maharashtra accept the national-level entrance exams for admissions and the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra conducts a state-level entrance known as the MAH MBA CET. 70-80% of colleges in Mumbai accept MAH MBA CET exam scores for admission.
- MBA Admissions in Telangana
- Candidates are shortlisted for admission to MBA colleges in Telangana through national-level entrance exams or the state-level entrance exam as well as The state authority conducts, the TS ICET exams annually for admissions to the management courses also available in this state.
- MBA Admissions in Andhra Pradesh
- One can get MBA admissions in Andhra Pradesh by qualifying for national or state-level entrance tests, So CAT is widely accepted as a national entrance exam score in almost every college also accept scores of AP ICET (Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test) for Business School.
- MBA Admissions in Karnataka
- Students who are graduate to do their Master of Business Administration in Bangalore as it is one of the famous MBA destinations in India also Bangalore has some of the best MBA colleges in India and Colleges in Karnataka, also they accept national-level entrance exams scores or state-level KMAT exam scores as the first stage of the selection process.
- MBA Admissions in West Bengal
- West Bengal takes admissions based on national-level entrance exams also Most colleges accept CAT and MAT entrance exam scores, So some other colleges in West Bengal accept state-level entrance exam JEMAT scores.
Direct Admission to MBA Without Entrance Exam
Most private MBA colleges and deemed universities in India offer direct admission into MBA without entrance exams. It is a very simple and very good option for those who don't want to invest their time in the entrance exam preparation and get admission through a hassle-free process.
Eligibility Criteria for Direct MBA Admission
It is different from entry-based admissions. Some of the requirements are:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree with at least 65% marks from a recognized board, So The requirement for aggregate marks may vary from college to college.
- In various states candidates should have at least 50% marks at the UG level for management quota seats
- There is generally no get limit to admission.
Read also: Which Specialization Is Best In MBA After BBA?
Direct MBA Admission Process:
Before admission to any college, candidates must go through the following steps.
- Application form Filing of the desired college on its official website.
- Shortlisted based on academic qualifications.
- Group Discussion/ Personal Interview, if any
- Reporting and paying the admission fee.
- MBA Course Syllabus
An MBA is an extensive course, comprising a wide range of subjects, In a 2-year MBA program, students study core subjects like Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Principles of Management, Entrepreneurship, and Business Law, among others.
The syllabus for the first two semesters is the same for all MBA specializations so the third and fourth semesters contain subjects related to the specialization chosen by the candidate.
- Business Communication
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods
- Economic Environment of Business
- Financial Management
- Management Accounting
- Management of Information System
- Management Science
- Marketing Research
- Organization Effectiveness & Change
- Production & Operations Management
- Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Legal Environment of Business
- Strategic Analysis
- Elective Course
- International Business Environment
- Project Study
- Strategic Management
- Elective Course
- MBA Syllabus for Different Specializations
An MBA prepares students for an executive career as business leaders and those can develop highly valuable skills like strategic thinking and people management and enhance one's professional career even more with a specialization in one of the areas. Here are the top MBA specializations to consider pursuing.
- Project Planning, Analysis & Management
- Quantitative Analysis of Financial Decisions
- Financial Derivatives
- International Financial Management
- Fixed Income Securities
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Management Control System
- Corporate Governance
- Management of Financial Services
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Taxation
- Security Analysis & Investment Management
- Advertising Management
- Analytical Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Brand Management
- Competitive Marketing
- Retailing Management
- SalesForce Management
- Internet Marketing
- Business Marketing
- Marketing Channel
- Sales Promotion Management
- Advanced Research Techniques in Marketing
- Service Marketing
Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Management of Industrial Relations
- Counselling Skills for Managers
- Manpower Development for Technological Change
- Managing Diversity
- Human Resource Planning and Development
- Human Resource Development: Strategies & Systems
- Performance Management
- Negotiation, Persuasion & Social Influence Skills
- Cross-Cultural and Global Management
- Personal Power & Leadership through Asian Values
- Managing Interpersonal and Group Processes
- Compensation Management
- Training and Development
- Leadership, Power, and Politics
Production and Operations Management
- Advanced Operations Management
- Decision Models and Optimization
- Total Quality Management
- Production Planning and Control
- Operations Strategy
- Quantitative Analysis of Risk and Uncertainty
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management
- Modelling in Supply Chain Management
- Technology, Innovation, and New Product Management
- Environment and Safety Management
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Network Operations, Management & Security
- Managing E-Business
- Strategic Management of Information Technology
- System Analysis and Design
- Managing IT-Enabled Services
- Database Management Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Business Intelligence
- Management of NGOs
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Transportation Management
- Service Operations Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Airport Management
- Hospitality Marketing
- Total Service Quality Management
- Civil Aviation Management
- MBA Scope in India
- Being an MBA graduate in India has great scope and immediately after graduating, there are high possibilities to bag the best jobs, With 10-19 years of experience, the salary would be INR 14,00,000 LPA.
- A senior-level job in Management offers posts such as Director, Vice president, and Senior Director, So the MBA salaries offered in these posts can wind up to INR 25 Lakhs Per Annum.
- MBA jobs are available in the private, government, and public sectors. From Marketing to Tourism and Healthcare, every sector offers a wide range of MBA jobs for junior, senior, and executive graduates.
- If not for college placements, candidates with the right skill set can easily get jobs in top companies and organizations. So depending upon the specialization, skills, and knowledge, a candidate can attract lucrative job options after MBA that offers high salary packages and other great benefits.
- MBA Career Options and Job Prospects
- Some people start their career working in the private, public, or government sectors before venturing out to become an entrepreneur, It gives you a long way toward shaping your career.
- Career prospects after MBA are varied. Depending upon the B-school a candidate has graduated from, the job prospects differ also Top B-schools in India such as the Indian Institute of Management(s) have the best placement strategies in place.
- Immediately after the MBA course, candidates may seek placement in the best job sector and Candidates can check the type of job profiles available for MBA graduates from the table provided below.
Account Manager, Administrative Officer, Human Resource Manager,
Marketing Manager, VP- Investment Banking
Brand & Marketing
Brand Manager, IT Services Marketing Head, Marketing Manager
Human Resource Manager, Management Consultant
Trainer, Administrative Officer
Recruitment Manager, Administrative Officer, Equity Research Analyst,
Human Resource Manager
HR Generalist Business Partner, Zonal Business Manager,
Project Manager, Administrative Officer, Finance Manager, Marketing
Lobbyist/Organizer, Recruitment Manager
Research and Development Manager, Labour Management Relations
Human Resource Managers, Administrative Officer
Top Recruiters for MBA Graduates
Larsen & Toubro
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Top Govt. Organizations Hiring MBA Graduates
Air India Express
Cement Corporation of India
Engineering Projects India Limited
City Union Bank
Coal India Limited
State Bank of India
Central Bank of India
Municipal Cooperative Bank Mumbai
National Housing Bank
Bank of Baroda
Panipat Urban Co-operative Bank Limited
Bharat Electronics Limited
The Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Science and Technology
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited
Ircon International Limited
National Bank for Agriculture and
of Biomedical Genomics
What is MBA Salary?
The scope for MBA experts has drastically changed due to the quick change in industries, So according to Pay Scale, the highest paying jobs in India after an MBA offer salaries ranging from Rs 4,00,000 to Rs 32,00,000 annually.
Study MBA Abroad:
Studying MBA abroad is possible. Instead of appearing for the national-level entrance exams, candidates will have to appear for Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Candidates qualifying the minimum requirements of the colleges and universities along with the GMAT or TOEFL scores or GMAT+IELTS scores will be considered for admissions and This selection is made considering various factors. There is no limitation to it.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBA Abroad:
- Candidates must complete their graduation in Management with a related stream
- Students must clear GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test).
- Work experience of 3-5 years is required.
Top MBA Colleges Abroad Required Skillset for MBA
Name of the College Country Located in
Harvard Business School USA
The University of Oxford UK
Standford Graduate School of Business USA
Penn (Wharton) USA
HEC (Paris) Canada
MIT Sloan USA
London Business School UK
IE Business School Spain
Columbia Business School UK
IESE Business School Spain
University of East London UK
University Canada West Canada
University of Waikato New Zealand
University of Alberta Canada
University of Toronto Canada
Dublin Business School Ireland
Reason to pursuing MBA will motivate and inculcate these skills:
Studying for an MBA brings the candidate the resources to build leadership skills, and also enables the person to act as a leader for the team members.
Another important skill that is very necessary is communication, So an MBA job requires the candidate to meet and communicate with lots of new people on different matters.
Candidates must be aware of the good and bad for the team, and They must have the potential to think through the matter and make a decision best for the team.
Innovative ideas, ventures, and practices must be implemented, also Candidates must be ready to accept fresh angles and viewpoints.
Instead of working like a boss, one must always act as a leader and work with the team, So A good leader always prioritizes the team before personal gains.
Always flexible with changes. Being adamant and continuing with old methods will never help to grow.
Once you start the journey in the business world, it is not easy to look back, and although the business world is harsh, and difficult to climb the ladder of success.
Being self-aware of one's strengths and weaknesses is important also It helps to think about the best ways to use the strengths and improve the weaknesses.
Honesty towards one's work and responsibilities is another aspect that an MBA aspirant must possess.
Courses After MBA-
MBA graduates tend to join MNCs or managerial-level job roles in well-established companies and organizations after completing their degree course, So some individuals prefer pursuing academics or professional courses to upskill themselves even further.
An MBA degree is already a very highly demanded qualification in the present job market, however, So if candidates can add more skills to their repertoire, their chances of bagging a higher salary package and a better position increase significantly, also There are several courses candidates can pursue after an MBA.
|Courses after MBA
|Avg. Cost Avg. Salary
|Cost and Management Accounting (CMA)
|Bachelor's Degree With 2 years of relevant experience in financial management
|INR 1,00,000 - INR 4,00,000 INR 5,00,000 - 20,00,000
|Fellowship Programme in Management
|Master's degree in any discipline with 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)
| INR 6,00,000 - INR 13,00,000 INR 10,00,000 - INR 40,00,000
|Ph.D. in Management
|Master's degree in Management (M.Com or MBA) with 50-60% aggregate marks (45-55% for SC/ST candidates)
|INR 10,000 - INR 3,00,000 INR 5,00,000 - INR 10,00,000
|Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
|Bachelor's degree in any discipline (Final year students also eligible) and 4 years of relevant work experience and candidates must possess an International Passport.
|INR 40,000 - INR 2,00,000 INR 6,00,000 - INR 12,00,000
|Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university with 50% aggregate marks and a minimum work experience of two years at the managerial or executive level.
|INR 4,00,000 - INR 15,00,000 INR 20,00,000 - INR 25,00,000
|Financial Risk Management (FRM)
|No Specific Eligibility Requirements to take the FRM exams
|INR 1,00,000 INR 2,00,000 - INR 10,00,000
Consider pursuing an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree as well This graduate-level program covers a wide range of business topics, from finance and marketing to leadership and entrepreneurship, and can help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in today's competitive job market.
MBA programs are offered by many universities and business schools around the world, Arya College of Engineering and I.T. is one of the renowned universities that can give many opportunities also students can pursue full-time, part-time, online, or through executive programs designed for working professionals.
Post a Comment