Electronics and Communication
Training and Placement Cell
Campus training and placements play a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. To cater this, an independent Training and Placement Cell is functioning in the institute since 2001. The Training and Placement Cell is headed by Director Training and placement along with Dedicated Training and Placement Officer and they are supported by Departmental co-ordinators.
The vision of the training and placement cell is “Transforming every student – an employer’s choice”. Our mission is to “Develop the students to face global competitive world with confidence and attain desired placement”. Our industry Trusted recruiters are TCS, HCL, Mphasis,Tech Mahindra, L&T, Accenture, Mind Tree, Mahindra & Mahindra, Kirloskar and many more.
ARYA has a placement cell with 5 qualified personnel (Director Placement, TPO, Department Placement co-coordinator). A separate provision in regular time table is made for communication and soft skills and other Training program for the skill development of all students.
Activities of Training and Placement Cell
Separate central training and placement cell is provided by the college for the students, faculties from all departments are appointed to this cell which helps to mentor and facilitate the student and coordinate them to this cell. Their activities are as follows:
- Aptitude Training, Verbal Ability training and their test
- Developing Business Communication Skills
- Training on Personality Development
- Mock Interviews
- Mock GDs
- Resume Preparation
- Model Campus Interview Tests
- The Process of Placement starts from August/September month every year for final year students. The TPC contact companies and send the invitations.
- Companies interested to hire students from ACEIT share JD (Job Description) containing details of the job offer (pay package, place of posting, allowances and other bonuses).
- Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) can be organized in advance or on the same day. For advance PPTs, Company/ Organization can send a request along with the preferred dates.
- The JD is made available online to the students, along with any other information furnished.
- After confirmation by the company, the Training and Placement Cell will announce the dates for campus interviews. The Order in which the companies are invited for the Placement is decided by the TPC, and is based on various parameters such as pay package offered, number of openings, and the profile of the company etc.
- The campus drives are organized by TPC on the allotted date/s and preferred selection procedure of the company is followed.
- The Company/ Organization is required to furnish the final list of students preferably on the date of interview.
- The company shall send or hand over the offer letter only to the Training and Placement Cell within a set time-frame and mutual understanding.
- The offered Students sign offer letter and a copy is forwarded to the company.
Process of Registration for Students
- The placement facility is available to all the students if registered with TPC for placements. Any Student not registered is not eligible for Placement opportunities.
- The Students who fulfill the academic criteria as laid by the TPC are eligible to register for placements.
- There is no restriction on appearing in interviews until the first job is secured. A student will be considered to have secured a job if her/his name appears in the selection list.
- If student gets multiple offers in the end of a day, she/he will be free to choose any one between them.
- A student selected in a ‘Regular’ category company has the option of upgrading to a ‘Dream’ category company.
- ONLY ONE offer shall be permitted to a student.
- SECOND offer shall primarily be to give the student an option to go to the higher category.
- In case the student lands up in the DREAM category in the FIRST go, then he/she shall not be eligible for any further offer.
- At the end of the placement season, TPC may decide to call some companies only for the UNPLACED Students to help them grab their first offer.
- For core branches like ECE, EE, AE and ME “one core offer policy” is opted.
- Candidates will be liable to take just one offer in companies offering job for core domain profile.
- The students of said branches if selected in non-core companies first will be given opportunity to sit for the core company irrespective of the category and no. of job offers later on. But if the students of said branches selected in the core company first he will not be allowed to sit for any further placement core or non-core.