Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will establish themselves as effective professionals by solving real world problems using investigative and analytical skills along with the knowledge acquired in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate their competency for interdisciplinary skills in the social technological area like environment & sustainability by inculcating profession, ethical value, teamwork, leadership, communication & managerial skill.
- Graduates will utilize their abilities in enhancing employability skills and inculcate lifelong learning in Mechanical Engineering or allied programs.
Program Outcome (POs)
Program Outcomes are the abilities of the student at the end of the program. It is expected that our student will have following abilities after completing 4 years program B.Tech. in ME.
PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Implement the learned concepts of Mechanical engineering to Analyze, Design, and Evaluate advanced mechanical systems & processes.
- Engage professionally and ethically in industries or as an entrepreneur by incorporating technological and managerial skills and Build the attitude of developing new concepts on emerging fields and pursuing advanced education.