- By Arya Admin
- Posted July 12, 2019
Interesting facts about Indian languages for B Tech students
Which foreign language can enhance learning?
Language is the best medium to communicate especially for the students of B Tech Colleges. We all use different hand gestures and expressions for communicating and interacting. In different regions of the world, a variety of languages are used.
In India also, one can witness non-similar linguistic diversity. According to the 1961 census, there were nearly 1652 languages that people spoke in India. Hindi is the most common language people speak in the country. It mainly adopts as the official language of India. It also celebrates as Hindi Diwas. Under mentioned are some Indian language facts. It can use by the engineers of Arya College of Engineering and IT at various different platforms like Campus Placement, interviews, industrial visits, and student exchange programs, etc.
Understand the capsule knowledge efficiently
- The Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution recognizes 22 languages in whole. They provide status and official encouragement as well. The 22 languages refer to as the scheduled languages.
- Due to their long history, some Indian languages provide the distinction of classical languages. It includes Tamil, Sanskrit, Malayalam, Odia, and Telugu.
- In general, around all the Indian languages fall into one of the 4 groups. It includes Afro-Asiatic, Dravidian, Indo-Aryan, and Sino-Tibetan.
- People in a small district of Karnataka speak to each other in Sanskrit.
- Uttrakhand considers Sanskrit as the second official language. It often belongs to the same family as Latin.
- Telugu is an Indian language, also popular as the ‘Italian of the East’.
- Even in today’s time, people in Pondicherry commonly speak French.
- Sindhi, Nepali, Konkani, Manipuri, Maithili, Dogri, Bodo and Santhali languages are added to the Eight Schedule of the Constitution after amendments in the Constitution. Earlier, 14 languages were included in the Constitution.
- Both Sanskrit and Tamil are one of the oldest languages of the world. It has extremely strong oral traditions as writing came much later to India in comparison to other parts of the world.
- Some of the Indian states consider their own languages. The official language of Jammu and Kashmir is Urdu, Uttrakhand is Sanskrit, and Goa is Konkani.
How Hindi and English languages affects the Indian Constitution?
- The Indian Constitution designates Hindi and English as the official languages of the Government of India. However, article 343(1) of the Indian Constitution says that only the Hindi written in Devanagari Script will accept as the official language of the Union Government.
- Hindi has nearly 500 million speakers across the globe. It is the third most spoken language worldwide. Punjabi and Bengali also include in the list of top 10 languages.
- English is the official language of both the High Court and Supreme Court. It mainly directs by the Constitution of India.
- In India, English is not one of the most recognized languages.
Post a Comment