- By Arya Admin
- Posted May 14, 2020
How to apply online admission for M Tech?
Online Admission for M Tech
M Tech is a professional postgraduate engineering master's degree program. A student can pursue after completing their two years of study in the discipline of engineering. In India, the ME or M Tech degree offered across various specializations. These specializations mainly include Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, VLSI, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, etc.
Also, this degree offered under several categories, including Regular (Full-Time), Sponsored (Full-Time), Part-Time MTech, and Project Staff (For those who are presently working on sponsored projects). This master's degree program is also receptive to working diploma holders having work experience for a particular period.
In India, the M Tech courses is regulated under the aegis of the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). So, admissions to ME` or M Tech programs are offered by technical colleges or Top M Tech Colleges in India and made through a National level, State-level or Institute-level engineering entrance examination.
Difference between ME and MTech degree course
M Tech stands for Master of Technology while ME stands for Master of Engineering. However, the basic difference between these two degrees is in terms of their practical impact, course material, and orientation.
- ME – Master of Engineering is more of a knowledge-oriented. Therefore, ME usually designed for candidates who plan for employment upon graduation and who are already in the engineering workforce. The degree emphasizes in-depth concept clarification of facts. Also mostly preferred by Top Private M Tech College or universities. M.E. is a conventional term and used majorly for theory-based study.
- MTech - Masters of Technology is more of a skill-oriented. So, M Tech designed to produce Research Engineers to get the position of “Technologist” in the industries and research institutes. The degree mainly emphasizes on practical exposure of conceptual knowledge and offered by colleges affiliated by various universities. For instance it mainly involves the use of technology and other aided stuff.
Required Skill set for ME/MTech
- A student must be able to communicate through verbal and written methods.
- He/she must have acquaintance with industry standards.
- A candidate should have knowledge of the subjects studied in B.E./BTech to online admission for M Tech.
- A person must be creative and able to handle teamwork.
- They must have several skills like Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Leadership and Management Skills, Commitment and Desire to Learn, Acquaintance with Computers and IT, etc.
- A student should have a complete understanding of giving and receiving feedback.
Eligibility criteria for ME/MTech course
A candidate must ensure their eligibility for admission to the Top Engineering College of Rajasthan. It must be affiliated to RTU before filling up the MTech 2020 form. If a non-eligible candidate admits due to any reason, then the online admission for M Tech of that candidate will be canceled as soon as the mistake is detected even at later stage. Various eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. Admission to the Master of Technology Course can be open to candidates who possess more than 55% or equivalent and 50% in case of SC/ST in qualifying examinations under following categories:
- The candidates who have passed B.E. or B Tech Examinations of RTU or any other recognized University or any other examinations recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations by professional societies recognized by MHRD, UGC, AIU, UPSC, and AICTE as equivalent to B.E. /B Tech.
- Candidates having M.Sc., MCA degrees, and are seeking admission to certain M Tech programs should possess’ valid and qualified GATE score of the related branch.
2. The equivalency of any degree for admission to any program will be decided by University. University may prescribe any other requirements with the given conditions. If a recognized university has an approved formula conversion of CGPA into a percentage, then it will be directly applicable to producing the certificate of conversion from the concerned University or college.
Entrance Exam for MTech (GATE)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering also known as GATE. A national-level engineering exam conducted every year for admission to postgraduate and doctorate level courses. GATE exam jointly conducted by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore.
There are various government and Private MTech Colleges across the country that accepts the GATE score for admission to their MTech programs. Moreover, Public Sector Units also recruit engineers through GATE.
In India, GATE 2020 will be organized by IIT Delhi in online mode. It conducts in 25 papers including the newly added subject, Biomedical Engineering. Application forms for engineering entrance examination will be available easily. The last date to apply for the same is September 24. GATE scores will be valid for time duration of three years.
Types of job profiles and top recruiters
The job opportunities for ME or MTech graduates are huge, especially in technical fields. A graduate who have successfully pursued the degree can get a job in almost all the sectors across the country. Besides being hired as engineers. The engineering postgraduates also hired as consultants, subject matter experts, researchers, managers, etc.
There are some popular job profiles for ME/MTech graduates including Computer Science Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Executive Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Software Engineer, Mining Engineer, Chief Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electronics and Communication Engineer, etc.
As an ME or MTech graduates, it is significant for them to be aware of the choices that they are or will be making for their future. In order to make the right decision, students of Best M Tech College in Rajasthan must be aware of all the choices available to them to lead a better career.
Post a Comment