Education Technology Challenges for Students of B Tech Colleges
Critical issues in education technology
Despite increased adoption of technologies by graduates of B Tech Colleges, various challenges are preventing effective implementation. Some of those challenges are systemic and some related to the technologies themselves.
Students of Top Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan identifies key emerging issues in education technology using primary and secondary research and input from an advisory board. However, it comprises internationally recognized practitioners and experts in Education Technology. Among all those issues are challenges that represent important constraints on the adoption of technology in education.
Centrally reluctant challenges
- Professional development – The lack of adequate, ongoing professional development for teachers of Private Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan require integrating new technologies into their classrooms. They are highly unprepared or unable to understand new technologies.
- Resistance to change – Resistance to technology comes in different forms. But one of the key resistance challenges is the comfort with the status quo. The professionals of Engineering Colleges in Jaipur show that teachers often see technological experimentation as outside the scope of their job descriptions.
- MOOCs and other new models for schooling – New models for teaching and learning are providing unparallel competition to traditional models of schooling. In particular, the MOOC (massive open online course) is trending in higher education. Also, identifies the forefront of discussions about new modes of delivering K-12 education.
- Delivering informal learning – Rigid lectures and test models of learning are failing to challenge students of B Tech Colleges in Jaipur to experiment and engage in informal learning. However, the opportunities for such informal learning can be seen in non-traditional classroom models like flipped classrooms. In addition, it allows them a blending of formal and informal learning.
- Failures of personalized learning – There is a gap between the vision of delivering personalizing, differentiative instruction and the technologies. So while K-12 teachers see the need for personalized learning, they do not provide the tools they need to accomplish it.
Emerging Trends and Opportunities
In the context of those challenges, the emerging technologies will have a significant impact on the education of Best Engineering Colleges in Rajasthan. However, it includes the near term, mid-term, and long term. Also, it identifies key emerging trends that will impact education over the next five years. It includes:
- An increase in the shift towards blended learning, online learning, and technology-driven collaborative learning at B Tech College in Jaipur.
- The growth in the potential of social networks to allow teachers to engage students online.
- The openness of educational resources and technology is “becoming a value”.
- BYOD (Bring your own device) is becoming more common as the cost of technology drops for students
- The role of the educator challenges as resources become more accessible on the Internet.