- By Admin
Career & Self-Help,
- Posted November 26, 2023
Career in Marketing and Advertising: Role, Opportunities, Responsibilities and Skills
Marketing and advertising are closely related fields crucial in promoting products, services, and brands to target audiences While marketing focuses on the overall strategy and planning, advertising is more about creating compelling messages and delivering them through various channels and The options regarding a career in marketing and advertising are diverse and offer immense potential for growth and specialization.
Whether you are interested in brand management, digital marketing, public relations, or event marketing also it is important to choose a career path that aligns with your interests and skills.
Responsibilities of Marketing and Advertising
- 1. Briefing - The advertising process starts with a briefing - a document confirming understanding between the client and advertising agency on - what product to advertise, the objective of advertising, the time-frame of the ad campaign, strategies to reach the audience, and total estimated cost.
- 2. Market Research - After briefing market research will done. The research includes - a comparison of the advertiser's product or service with the competitor's product or service, consumers' perception of their brand in comparison to their competitors, the study of competitors' advertising, and the response of consumers to competitors' advertising.
- 3. Identify Target Audience - The next step is to identify the target audience Using the market research, the advertising agency will identify the target audience.
- 4. Media Selection - Using the research, the advertising agency or the media agency will select the media that should be used to reach the target audience most cost-effectively.
- 5. Ad Designing & Ad Creation - At this step, the creative people of the advertising agency will convert the advertising communication into words and pictures The copywriter will write the copy of the advertising and the art director will visually implement the copywriter's message and The advertising agency may get the filming or taping done by outside production companies.
- 6. Decide Place & Time - This step is to decide where and when the advertisement will be shown The traffic department within the advertising agency will ensure that the commercials are ready on time and all required legal approvals have been granted.
- 7. Execution - Finally the advertisement will be executed.
- 8. Performance Check - Once the advertisement is executed the media agency will check its performance.
Role of Advertising in Marketing Communication
Marketing communications are how organizations attempt to inform, persuade, and remind consumers about products, services, or brands. Marketing communications inform and make consumers aware of the availability of the product or service, its usage, price, and special offers, and Marketing Communications attempt to persuade potential consumers to purchase and try the product. Marketing communications can also be used to reinforce experiences or to remind consumers about their needs and their past experiences related to the product to convince them to repurchase. Marketing communication also differentiates products in markets where there is little to separate competing products and brands.
Advertising is a paid form of a non-personal message communicated through various media by industry, business firms, nonprofit organizations, or individuals Advertising is persuasive and informational and is designed to influence purchasing behavior.
The advertising message has to reach a billion people, who speak different languages, and practice many religions. Advertisers can reach their audiences through television, radio, cinema, print media, outdoor advertising, sales promotion, and the Internet.
Opportunities in Marketing and Advertising
- Brand Managers: As a brand manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to build and promote a brand. This includes conducting market research, managing advertising campaigns, and monitoring brand performance.
- Communication and Public Relations Teams: These professionals handle the communication between a company or brand and its target audience. They create press releases, manage media relations, plan events, and handle crisis communication.
- Content Marketers: Content marketers focus on creating valuable content that attracts and engages the target audience. They develop content strategies, write blog posts, create videos, manage social media platforms, and optimize content for search engines.
- Digital Marketers: Digital marketers specialize in promoting products or services online. They use various digital marketing channels such as social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), and content marketing to reach the target audience.
- Event Marketers: Event marketers plan and execute events to promote a brand or product. They coordinate logistics, manage sponsorships, create promotional materials, engage with attendees, and evaluate event success.
- Product Marketers: Product marketers focus on understanding the target market, conducting market research, developing product positioning strategies, creating marketing plans, and collaborating with other teams to ensure successful product launches.
- Search Engine Marketers: Search engine marketers optimize websites and content to improve visibility in search engine results. They use techniques like keyword research, paid search advertising, and website optimization to drive organic and paid traffic.
Scope of Marketing and Advertising Jobs
- 1. E-Commerce Marketing Director: As an e-commerce marketing director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive online sales. This includes managing digital marketing campaigns, optimizing the user experience on the e-commerce platform, analyzing customer data, and collaborating with other teams to enhance the online shopping experience.
- Average annual salary: £70,000 - £100,000.
- 2. User Experience (UX) Director: UX directors focus on creating user-friendly and intuitive experiences across digital platforms They conduct user research, develop wireframes and prototypes, collaborate with designers and developers, and ensure that the final product meets user needs and expectations.
- Average annual salary: £80,000 - £120,000.
- 3. Marketing Research Manager: There is a huge role of advertising in marketing management and Marketing managers conduct market research to gather insights about customers, competitors, and market trends. They design research methodologies, analyze data, present findings to stakeholders, and provide strategic recommendations based on research insights.
- Average annual salary: £60,000 - £80,000.
- 4. Marketing Director: Marketing directors oversee all marketing activities within an organization. They develop marketing strategies, manage budgets, coordinate campaigns across various channels, analyze performance metrics, and collaborate with other departments to achieve organizational goals.
- Average annual salary: £80,000 - £120,000.
- 5. Creative Director: Creative directors lead the creative team in developing compelling advertising and marketing campaigns They provide artistic direction, manage creative projects, and collaborate with clients and stakeholders.
- Average annual salary: £70,000 - £100,000.
Skills Needed in Marketing and Advertising
To build a successful career in marketing and advertising, it is essential to establish a solid foundation by completing an undergraduate degree in marketing or advertising and This will give you a comprehensive understanding of the industry and its core principles.
Another crucial aspect of building a successful career in marketing and advertising is developing a portfolio showcasing your successful marketing projects This will not only demonstrate your skills but also give potential employers a glimpse of your creativity and problem-solving abilities.
In terms of skills, analytical thinking is essential for analyzing data, identifying trends, and making informed decisions and Leadership abilities are valuable for managing teams and projects effectively.
To further enhance your skills and stay competitive in the evolving marketing field, consider taking courses or earning certifications in specialized areas such as social media marketing or marketing analytics also These additional qualifications can provide you with a competitive edge and open up new marketing and advertising career opportunities for growth.
Arya College of Engineering & I.T. has many courses in marketing and advertising, also A career in marketing and advertising offers immense flexibility and growth potential Whether you are interested in brand management, digital marketing, market research, or creative roles, there are numerous opportunities to explore and specialize in.
By completing an undergraduate degree, gaining practical experience through internships, and continuously upskilling yourself also you can build a successful career in the marketing and advertising industry.
Post a Comment