Dr Arun Arya (Director, Admissions)
Write Some Words
The Project, third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (referred to as TEQIP-III) is fully integrated with the Twelfth Five -year Plan objectives for Technical Education as a key component for improving the quality of Engineering Education in existing institutions with a special consideration for Low income States and Special Category States and support to strengthen few affiliated technical universities to improve their policy, academic and management practices.
About Rajasthan Technical University
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) is located in Kota in the state of Rajasthan. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Rajasthan. The university currently affiliates about 129 Engineering Colleges, 4 B.Arch., 41 MCA Colleges, 95 MBA Colleges, 44 M.Tech. Colleges and 3 Hotel Management and Catering institutes. The University aims to provide quality technical education which may help Rajasthan in its technical development and will boost technical environment in the country.
RTU-HACKATHON-2018 PROBLEM STATEMENTS
“We would like to craft personalized travel experience for 5.2mn passengers who travel with us monthly, by rapidly making meaningful changes to PaxEx across touchpoints. How can AI and Big Data help IndiGo, the leading low-cost carrier, create ‘one in a million experience’ for every single customer? Also, accelerate personalized ancillary upsell throughout the travel journey of its leisure and business travellers?”
We want to revolutionize the way education is imparted by using voice technologies. How can the AI of Amazon Alexa be leverage to build engaging skills to make learning a fun experience for students from Kindergarten to Professional courses? The skill built on Amazon Alexa should work as a ‘Virtual Teacher’ and help students with everyday activities involved during their student years like searching for content, curriculum management, personal evaluation, subject wise coaching, and more.
Closed loop irrigation solution for farmers:
Irrigating fields plays a vital role in crop yield. However, how much and when to irrigate is still moderated by the traditional knowledge for the farmers. Knowing how much water is actually required for a given crop for a particular soil type depends majorly on soil’s capacity to hold moisture. We need an IoT, AI based solution which can auto irrigate the fields for a given crop based on the soil moisture content.
Design a machine learning algorithm to predict the rent of a property.
You will have following days available
- 100,000 property data from a particular City. Will have around 50 attributes of the property
- Data of the neighborhood of these properties
You are free to source more data as needed.
Given a new property your algorithm should be able to predict a rent range of the property.
Personalised health monitoring – Smart watches and other wearable devices have made health telemetry a reality. But machine learning is taking things one step further, allowing doctors and relatives to monitor the health of elderly family members. The more personal data these algorithms are fed, the better they understand a user’s profile, enabling healthcare professionals to spot potential anomalies earlier on. Build model for personalized health profile and monitoring.
Hackathon Jury | Judges Panel
Vice President Digital – Indigo Airlines
Lead | Open Innovation – NASSCOM Center of Excellence (IOT)
CTO – EVC Ventures
CoFounder – Holosuit
Co-Founder & Director (BD) IoTfy Inc.
COO at Dish TV
Founder & CEO – DWOSA Automation. Investor, Mentor to startups, Entrepreneur by passion. IoT enthusiast.
Intel Software Innovator | UI/UX Designer | Google MLCC Facilitator
Co-founder Appcino Technologies
Registration Process of RTU-HACKATHON-2018
- The above registration form is required on college letterhead seal & signed by authorised signatory of the college.
- Mail the scanned copy of letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date of registration is 17th September, 2018.
Rules for Team Formation
- There is no limit of number of teams per college/ institute participation.
- All team members should be from same college; no inter-college teams are allowed. Minimum no. of team members will be 4 and maximum no. of team members will be 6 per team.
- Colleges must issue a letter on their letterhead stating the names of the team and team members.
- The team leader’s name should be clearly specified in the letter.
- Clearly communicate the email-ids and mobile numbers of all team members as well.
- After teams are short listed, each team will be assigned mentors from the industry to guide them during the hackathon; they will augment the team.
- Entries to be sent only in the prescribed format.
Evaluation criteria will include novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format, feasibility, practicability, sustainability, scale of impact, user experience and potential for future work progression.
- Keep a track of all announcements and updates on aryacollege.in.
- Each college/institute will be responsible for the travel and accommodation of their teams for the Hackathon : RTU-HACKATHON-2018.
- College photo ID is mandatory for participating in the Hackathon : RTU-Hackathon-2018.
Prizes for the winners are as follows :
1st Prize – 1,00,000/-
1st Runner up – 50,000/-
2nd Runner up – 25,000/-
- Intellectual property (IP) of the idea would belong to the college/institute and the team if they are not chosen by the investor / aryaincubate
- Selected ideas need to be further developed so that they can be productized before the Investor / Incubator which will be able to utilize it; more efforts beyond the finale are required from the selected teams there after.
Last Date of Registration : 17th September 2018
Students of RTU affiliated colleges with an interest in RTU-Hackathon-2018. Arrangement for boarding & lodging will be made by the host institute as per TEQIP-III norms for the participating student. ARYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & I.T. (Arya 1st Old Campus) SP-42, RIICO Industrial Area, Delhi Road, Kukas, Jaipur (Raj.) India Tel. : 0141-6604555 (30 Lines) 01426-227496, 227176, 227177 Email : email@example.com Toll Free No. : 1800-266-2000 • Website : www.aryacollege.in
How to Reach Us
Students of RTU affiliated colleges with an interest in RTU-Hackathon-2018.
Arrangement for boarding & lodging will be made by the host institute as per TEQIP-III norms for the participating student.
ARYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & I.T. (Arya 1st Old Campus)
SP-42, RIICO Industrial Area, Delhi Road, Kukas, Jaipur (Raj.) India
Tel. : 0141-6604555 (30 Lines) 01426-227496, 227176, 227177
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Free No. : 1800-266-2000 • Website : www.aryacollege.in